When it comes to Facebook™ and Instagram™ advertising, many business owners and marketers struggle with who to actually target with their ads in order to get the best results.
In many cases it comes down to not being aware of what is available.
Here are some audiences for you to consider targeting when you are setting up your next campaign that will give you fabulous results.
- People that have engaged with your Facebook™ and/or Instagram™ posts
- People that have saved any of your Facebook™ and/or Instagram™ posts
- People that have watched any of your video’s on your Facebook™ page
- People that are on email database
- People that have visited your website
- People that have visited a landing page, product page or sales page but didn’t purchased
- People that have read a certain % of a page or blog post on your website
- People that have purchased from you in the past
- Lookalike audiences of all of the above
In order to target your email database you need to have your Ad Account set up in Facebook™ Business Manager. You then simply create an audience and upload the CSV file of your email database.
In order to target visitors to your website you need to have the Facebook™ Pixel installed on your website.
In order to target people that have purchased in the past or to exclude them if you are targeting those that visited a sales page but didn’t purchase, than you need to have a custom website audience set up in Ads Manager of people that have purchased from you.
It is also handy to remember that Facebook’s algorithm is very clever and has a lot of data on people that use the platform and this data can come in very handy for advertisers.
Particularly with ecommerce business, I have had some great success with running campaigns that are set to the purchase objective but the audience targeting is left relatively open. This gives Facebook™ the freedom to show the ads to anyone it believes will actually visit your website and purchase. If you have an established ecommerce business and have had the Facebook™ Pixel and Purchase Conversion set up for at least 2 years than I would highly suggest you give this a go as well.
I hope that this has given you some fresh ideas for your audience targeting.
If you need any assistance at all with your Facebook™ Advertising strategy and management then I would love to chat to see if we are a good fit to work together. Get in touch here.